Vybz Kartel to Turn Self In



Vybz Kartel to Turn Self In Today (June 30th, 2010) - Official Statement

Portmore, Jamaica - One of Dancehall's most successful DJ's; Vybz Kartel is expected to turn himself into the St. Catherine South police today after being named as a person of major interest in financing gang activity. The police have named more than 100 persons of interest since Bruce Golding declared the country in a state of emergency. Zojak caught up with the dancehall DJ to get his response to the accusations.

"I, like millions of other Jamaicans, have certain concerns about the violation of my civil rights and liberties during this State of Emergency, however, I will grant the police an audience this morning as they have declared me a "major person of interest", and placed my name on a list populated by alleged criminals."

"This is not the first time that the police force has attempted to smear my reputation based on undeveloped assumptions and ridiculous rumors, but as it happened then, I know I will be exonerated once again. I have nothing to fear. Fear makes men believe the worst, but I believe in our justice system, however flawed it may be, and remain confident that the security will act with professionalism in this matter."

"I have engaged legal counsel in this matter, and the truth will prevail. I know I will be exonerated." Although, Kartel has had a challenging year with artists and the police closing down his studio in the neighborhood of Havendale he still continues to be one of dancehall's top selling artists in the US, France, and England.

Bookmark and Share
iTunes & App Store